Players & Volunteers
Little League is intently focused on player development and child safety.
Cheyenne Little League Requirements
- Players from ages 7 to 12 years of age are eligble to participate in Cheyenne Little League
- Players must have a valid residence address in Laramie County
- A player may play up in older age groups if more advanced instruction is required. Board approval and Player Agent approval is required.
- Cheyenne Little League Divisions
- Tee Ball: Players age 4 to age 7. Tee Ball is pending Board Approval as of January 15, 2016-NO TEE BALL FOR 2016
- Minors: Players age 7 to age 11. Coach pitch for ages 710, during the 2nd half of the season ages 10 and up may begin player pitch. Player pitch games have pitch count limits and require umpires. Team Managers and coaches are required to complete pitching instruction traning for each team. Umpires are trained in this division.
- Majors: Age 12. This is the top division in Little League, the Coach winning this Division Season Championship is the Head Coach that will represent Cheyenne at all levels Districts, State, Regionals and Little League World Series
Season runs from Early April to Early June.
Volunteers are required to complete an application for Little League (here)
Head Coach of the Majors Team winning the Local League Championship will advance to the District Tournament to compete for an opportunity to continue on to Wyoming Little League State Championships in 2016.
Samuel W Sims, President
Sam has been actively involved in baseball in Cheyenne for the past decade. Creating a fall wood bat program for 13 and under in Cheyenne several years ago spurred his interest in bringing Little League back to Cheyenne.
Josiah Ward, Vice President
He is a graduate of the University of Memphis where he was a pitcher under Coach Daron Schoenrock and renowned pitching coach Fred Corral. Josiah began his collegiate career at a small NAIA college in Tennessee and was able to develop his talents to the point where he received a scholarship from the Division I Memphis Tigers baseball program. Over a five year collegiate career, Josiah was exposed to several styles of coaching that were instrumental in developing not only physical skills but the mental approach to pitching. Josiah enjoys helping young players enhance these skills and developing young players into great pitchers.
Steve Salazar, Treasurer
Steve is a Cheyenne native and active to this day in community activities and adult sports. Steve's commitment to community development runs deep in Cheyenne.
Lauren Sims, Secretary
Lauren is a Cheyenne native and a 2015 South High Graduate. Now in College her knack for business development is an asset to Cheyenne Little League.
Gary Harley, Board Member - Coach Manager
Gary played his college baseball at Miles City CC in Montana and Colby CC in Kansas. He began his coaching at Colby CC and has coached a total of 9 years in college baseball including 7 years at Northwestern Oklahoma State University. He has helped develop five outfielders that were awarded all-conference honors and one all-American.
Brian Lopez, Board Member - Umpire In Charge
Brian is one of the most experienced board members with Little League. He has umpired for the past several years in Cheyenne and will oversee all umpires in our 2016 season.
David Lazarus - Player Agent
David is alum to many baseball programs in Cheyenne. He is the Player Agent for our local league, a position highly regarded in the Little League program.
Jan Ross - Safety Officer
Jan is an advocate of youth baseball and has served on many boards over the years. Her contribution to Cheyenne Little League is immense as she joins our team.
Mark Robert, Board Member - Coaches Manager
Mark has been involved in Baseball in Cheyenne, Wyoming for over 24 years. He has played in Little League in his youth and remains close to many of his team mates to this day. Mark will be Cheyenne Little League's